Pyranha Firecracker Whitewater Kayak
Stock at a glance
252 / Rosella Red
252 / Cotinga Blue
232 / Rosella Red
The Firecracker is a #HalfSizeHalfSlice to whip into every micro-eddy, snap onto every wave, and get vertical absolutely everywhere - no matter who you are, you'll be able to throw this around, sky-gaze, and have the comfort and confidence to nail that new move.
- Compact and lightweight half-slice design
- Half the size means twice the potential for getting airborne!
- Spinnable, surfable, stable planing hull
- A bow that stays dry downriver, but you can still get down and party with
- Enjoy explosive moments of fun and relax without consequence between them
- Don't just unlock the river, blow the doors off!
Once described to me by an instructor as "the boat [he] never knew [he] needed to have". Having been able to paddle both the 242 and the 252 a little, its not a question of if you want a firecracker, but simply what size. At 195lbs the 242 is spicy but super playful, and the 252 feels like a more playful hot whip, with a lot more cockpit room to boot.
The rails on both sizes are amazing on a wave, in typical pyranha fashion, and thanks to the gratuitous amounts of bow rocker you splash right over everything in front of you with ease. Like the ripper 2, the tail is slicey enough to avoid feeling grabby but short enough to avoid getting caught up on the most absurd of low water runs.
All in all the firecracker can make for a great beginner boat for those willing to put in the effort to learn the edge control, or a fantastic intermediate daily driver se paddler.