Newport Vessels NK180S Kayak Motor
Stock at a glance
2 currently in stock
- 2 in stock
The new NK-180S brushless kayak motor offers excellent performance and power to any kayak angler looking to increase their range and catch more fish on fresh or salt water. This brushless kayak motor offers excellent efficiency and extremely low noise with a direct drive design that allows you to sneak up on fish. It can be used with two affordable 12V lead acid deep cycle batteries, and lighter-weight 12V lithium batteries.
Two operating modes, 24V and 25.9V, allow the motor to be powered with 2x 12V GEL, Lead Acid, or lithium deep cycle batteries. This motor will greatly increase the effective range of any paddler on a given day, it will bolt directly to a 4 bolt PowerPole style stern mount, or can be installed into the deck of a kayak.
The mount pivots freely to pass over underwater obstacles, but the durable aluminum motor head is ready for the ones you don't see. Steering cables can be setup to turn the motor like a rudder using your kayaks OEM mounted foot braces, or a pin can lock the motor in a forward drive position for use on SUPs and inflatable kayaks.
Reverse is enabled with a pull cord which locks the motor in a deployed position, keeping the propeller from lifting out of the water while you back your way out of trouble.
Regardless of your level of experience, the NK-180 offers an efficient, powerful motor in a durable package.
- 1.8hp Equivalent Motor Unit
- Four Bolt Aluminum Mount
- Digital Speed Controller w/ Display
- Steering Triangle
- Height Adjustment Clamp
- Reverse Cable Handle
- Motor Lift Cable Handle
- Emergency Stop Key
- Motor Lift Arm
- 2x Carabiner
- 2x S Biner
- Nylon Cord Kit
- Braided Stainless Steering Cable Kit (may not be compatible w/ every brand of kayak)
- Installation Kit (hardware included, additional hardware may be necessary depending on your exact make/model of kayak)
- BATTERY(S) NOT INCLUDED
- Equivalent to a 1.8hp
- Designed for fishing kayaks (see fitment guide here)
- Four bolt aluminum mount (direct attachment to PowerPole mount)
- Features trim adjustment
- Integrated rudder steering
- Stow/deploy motor with pull of a cord
- Three Steering Cable Setup Options
- No Steering - Motor used for forward and reverse only
- Cable routing goes through stern of kayak
- Cable routing goes above the deck of the kayak
- Compatible with 24V Deep Cycle Batteries or 25.9V LiFePo4 battery
- Input Voltage: 24V
- Shaft Length: 19.7"
- Battery Type: Lithium or Lead-Acid
- Total Weight: 14.3lbs
- Thrust: 60lbs
- Motor Housing Length: 8.75"
- HP Equivalent: 1.8HP
- Motor Housing Width: 3"
- Inside Length: 86"
- Max Amp Draw: 25A
- Propeller Diameter: 5.9"
- Max. Propeller Speed: 1800rpm
- Mount Bracket Dims: 14" L x 6" W
- Max Test Speed: 5.7mph
- Min. Mount Dims: 5.5" L x 4.5" W
- Shaft Diameter: 1.15"
- Battery Cables: 7